Tuesday 1 March 2011

BOOK WORKS - final idea

Using my new idea of quotes/sayings which include the word SQUARE (which I have replaced with an actual square), I played around with having one quote on each page and then the longest quote on the back. 


I started with a simple/smart/clear black and white colour scheme - I didn't want it to be too complicated as i was using a the typeface


Original colour scheme (above) - I used the lighter blue - when I accidentally highlighted the work i thought that actually it looked better with a lower opacity


Instead of using a square with pointed corners I felt that using a square with curved edges looked better with the typeface. 












front cover



Final piece - I had to rotate each of the sections of the top line because of the folding of the book



No comments:

Post a Comment