Tuesday 8 February 2011

Collection 100 - Layout & Format

Promotion - I am going to present my images of jewellery in a book/catalogue. While I was researching layout methods in the style of book I found this image which interested me. The concertina book layouy interested me in particular because you would be able to see all the Jewry on the pages at once rather than having to flick through.



PHOTOGRAPHS OF DESIGN SHEETS

I am going to design the book on an A5 format and have one photograph on each page. 

SYMBOLS
For each of the categories/lines of jewellery I have named them 
  • Gold = liquid sun
  • Silver = Liquid Moon
  • Diamond/Cut Glass = diamond
  • Non Metal Materials = selective
I am using symbols for each of the categories - sun, moon and a decorative, elegant shape (for selective)



The image above was the moon that I used for my first edits of the pages. However, after developing and playing around the with design of the sun, I felt that this design for the moon was not complex/decorative enough for a logo for jewellery.  






DESIGNS

These were the first two symbols I created. However I did not use the moon symbol as it was too bulky and did not fit with the other symbols. I went on to edit and use the outline of the sun symbol. 



DECORATIVE/SELECTIVE SYMBOL
First image is what I traced from the image I found. The second is where I have overlayed and the copy around, this is the fina



GOLD/LIQUID SUN SYMBOL

This is the outline of the image i traced. For the final image below, I copied, overlaid and shrunk it.



MOON SYMBOL


LAYOUT/DESIGN OF THE PAGE
I primarily indented to have an image per page but after designing it and changing the size and arrangement of the symbols I felt that the page worked better with smaller images, so I re-designed the pages with 3 images on each page. 


























Layouts without the photographs











No comments:

Post a Comment