Wednesday 9 February 2011

Collection 100 - Type and Colour Schemes



TOPSHOP most popular to buy jewerly. I am going organise my collection of 100 images in a book format.
An idea I had was to use 4 categories for the jewellery and create 4 BOOK, one for each section.
This book would be more like a leaflet and a6 in size. However I didn't feel that a leaflet of a collection of jewellery presented well enough as a 'collection'.
Using one of my original ideas of having the jewellery relevant to leading shops/brands/line I took topshop as it was evident that most jewellery is purchase there (ages range between 14-30)





The topshop logo is very simple in form and colour. They use a black stock with a Helvetica Typeface. I am going to keep the the main text in the upper case, like Topshop has, and may but may use the lower case for the category/line name. 

EXPERIMENTING WITH TYPE for the Logo

EXPERIMENTS FOR THE LINE/CATEGORY NAME

GOLD - looking at different colours and different opacities of each of the colours. 






Also looking at overlaying the text so that the front 'gold' would have a higher opacity (darker colour) and ill be smaller in size, while the 'gold' in the background would be a lower opacity and larger in size. 




'BLING LAYOUT'





LAYOUTS FOR ALL 
I have altered the colours and sizes of some of the lines names. For the 'bling' label I have made the colour of the back 'bling' slightly darker, and also made the green of the 'selective' slightly darker. 















No comments:

Post a Comment