Monday 22 November 2010

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

WHAT  SKILLS HAVE YOU DEVELOPED THROUGH THIS MODULE AND HOW EFFECTIVELY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE APPLIED THEM?

  • Skills in Illustrator which I didn't have before - I am now able to use Illustrator at a reasonable level in comparison to when i first arrived (this was mainly through the 26 letter forms brief)
  • Research - for each of the project I start with researching different pieces of related work to the brief. This has provided me with inspiration and tools which I apply to my own work. It also give me a broader understanding and knowledge base of what Graphic Design is and effective ways to visually communicate my work. 
  • Becoming more precise with my work - sticking to the brief and exact measurements
  • A better understanding and skill in using colour and typeface. 

WHAT APPROACHES TO/METHODS OF RESEARCH HAVE YOU DEVELOPED AND HOW HAVE THEY INFORMED YOUR DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PROCESS?

  • Initially I star with researching other work which has been produced in the area which each brief is on. This gives me inspiration and a starting point to my work. I look at the ways in which the designers have created the work and how effectively the message is conveyed. I also look at the layout of these pieces. 
  • Using this method it has given me a better understanding/aim of what my work should look like.

WHAT STRENGTHS CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW HAVE/WILL YOU CAPITALISE ON THESE?

  • Better use of Illustrator - work looks more organised than it did at the start of the course
  • Typography within work - I now have a better understanding of typography because of the first two briefs so now in my work I use more relent typography. 

WHAT WEAKNESSES CAN YOU IDENTIFY IN YOUR WORK AND HOW WILL YOU ADDRESS THESE MORE FULLY?
  • structure of development - with each brief I am given I will carefully plan how I am going to start, develop and answer the brief. Currently I just research work and take inspiration from that but I need to do more design sheets to address the briefs more fully. 
  • Colour - now have a better understanding than I did at the start. 

IDENTIFY 5 THINGS THAT YOU WILL DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO GAIN FROM THESE
  • Time management - I have always had a problem with managing my time but having settled in to the course more and the work routine it should improve. 
  • Using design sheets to develop work which will provide a clearer development process
  • Applying newly learnt understanding of colour
  • Blog - now getting used to it so will be more efficient in posting work 



HOW WOULD YOU GRADE YOURSELF ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS


ATTENDANCE = 4 (apart from being ill)
PUNCTUALITY =  4
MOTIVATION = 4
COMMITMENT = 3
QUANTITY OF WORK PRODUCED = 3
QUALITY OF WORK PRODUCED = 3
CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment