Thursday 19 May 2011

Speaking From Experience - Work VS Play

I have moved on from the idea of producing 1 book with the different sections identified by different colour schemes. 
Instead I am going to produce a series of hotdog fold books - one book per section of the project
These books are going to be A3 in size and for the back of the spread when opened up I want to have a single image with a quote relating to the section

The image below is what I am going to use for the WORK vs PLAY book. I have chosen HELVETICA NEUE as it is clear and simple and does not distract from the image. I will use this typeface throughout the 4 back pieces/ 

I have been in keeping with the colour scheme for the WORK vs PLAY booklet and a filter of the colour over the image. Also using white highlighting to make the type stand out more. 


The back



The Front
Dividing it into the 8 sections then decided on a colour scheme and had to do a hand wrended version to work out how I was going to organise the layout. 
I used the typography which I had used on the front design of the book which was BEBAS NEUE

SCREENSHOTS


Golden rules - I thought that I should pick out two main points and have them on the same page as the introduction, making them stand out alone will mean the reader will more likely to remember these





Overall I am pleased with the way it has turned out - although depending on what is said in the crit I may need to re-organise some of the type to make it more legible for example the white block of text on the introduction page. 
Improvements I could make would be to use a different image which I have taken from a night out, or have a picture of a group of friends laughing and drinking at a bar in Leeds - somewhere were we go normally. 



No comments:

Post a Comment