Thursday 19 January 2012

Refining my Top 10 & Target Audience

I have been struggling to put together images and ideas for sequences together. My plan was to create 4 indents and a 60 second video on the Top 10 Summer Music Festivals in the UK and Europe. Having talked this thought with Lorraine; the issue with my top 10 is that 'summer music festivals' covers all ranges of music genres; rock, metal, pop, dance, electronic, indie etc. For every different music genre there is a different target audience; a metal music lover would not really be interested in looking at a tv program that was half about pop and electronic music and vica-verca.

New Direction; my main love it dance / house / electronic music so this is what I am going to refine my top 10 to;
"The Top 10 Summer Dance Music Festivals in the UK and Europe"

This refines the target audience and hence the atmosphere and what they would take, experience and hope for from going to a dance music festival.

I am still going to keep the same channel and time of to set the indents to; 1st March 2011 on E4 at 9 PM.
I have chosen this date because it is before the release date of all the tickets for the dance music festivals (some start as early as April) so this will be a look into / guide to what dance music festivals are out there and where they are.

Going to a music festival is more about the experience and listening to music; the camping, mud, rain / sun and lack of sleep are all put at the back of peoples minds when thinking of music festivals. There are always a large range of different characters of people at festivals; some pretty normal and some are highly eccentric, but it is the combination of anyone and everyone coming together with a mutual love of dance music and living for the experience of the music at festivals which makes the festival. People forget about the rain, the mud, the queuing to get in and out of tents and car parks, the lack of sleep, the crowdedness of the tents, the smell of the port-a-loos, the mess of a festival and concentrate more on the music, the dancing, the alcohol, their friends, the people and the whole essence of the adrenalin at a festival.

I have watched a couple of animated videos that have been created about festivals and I think that I have been making my ideas far too complicated. I need to keep it simple, look at all the non-obvious things that makes a festival, get a good sound track and bring together the important information.

Although the theme is 'top 10' this doesn't meant that in the indents I have to name / list / show my chosen top 10 - this can all be in my research but just as long as I can clearly show the target audience what I am presenting then is good. In my story board I have found it difficult to know how top open the  video, but after looking at videos I think that I need to find the music and let that start the video maybe for a second or two (to give atmosphere) and then have images come into focus.

I am going to start finding images that relate and create a festival from the list I have written below;

- tents
- litter
- mud
- rucksacks
- portable chairs
- site entrances
- banners
- railings
- crowds
- stages
- main tents
- lights
- strobes
- horns
- whistles
- bouncing balls
- strange decoration
- fancy dress
- glow sticks
- bright clothing / rave gear
- wellys
- hats
- arms in the air (in crowds)
- fields
- trees
- sun
- rain
- sunglasses
- alcohol
- queueing
- DJ's
- Artists
- Moshpits
- Beaches
- Daytime
- Nighttime
- suncream
- shorts
- plane / car / bus / train
- strangers
- strange people
- no sleep
- sunset
- adrenalin





No comments:

Post a Comment