Tuesday 3 January 2012

Silent Movie // Drop // Final Clip 4


Drop 4 - Serif to Sans-Serif from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

For this clip I just wanted to take a serif typeface and change it into a san-serif. After experimenting with dissecting off the serifs of serif typefaces I did not think that it was clear enough / enough of a 'drop' so instead I decided to add on larger serifs to a sans-serif typeface in illustrator and then remove them in after effects. Although I feel that this sequence is successful, After Effects slightly got the better of me and instead of rotating each fragment that was falling off to make the motion look more realistic I decided to just keep them dropping vertically. Never the less I am still happy with how the sequence has turned out.


Post Production Screenshots - 15 shots


No comments:

Post a Comment