Tuesday 7 February 2012

CD packaging design

I wanted to keep the design and format of the CD packaging fairly simplistic but keep it in theme with the idents so I used the same types face and colour scheme of the E4 endings for each of the videos. 
For the inside I wanted to use the main picture and the speakers - just a clip out of one section of the second ident. 
I chose a simple 3 page open out (gate format) for the packaging because I feel that it was appropriate and was designed just to promote what was on the disk rather than to be mailed out to people. It also means that the inside of the packaging can be opened up and used as a half an a3 poster which people can pin up on their walls showing the list of the top 10 festivals. 

OUTSIDE


INSIDE

PHOTOGRAPHS



Open publication - Free publishing - More graphic design

I am very happy with the way the packaging has come out. I printed it on 245 gms matt paper giving the packaging a strong, sturdy and protective casing for the disc and ensuring that it doesn't get damaged. I think that the packaging successfully reflects that theme of my project and the right target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment