Thursday 2 February 2012

Video in Progress


Tester - moving vynals from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

Moving on slightly from the previous video - here I have changed the background image. I feel that this one is more suited and more exiting. The issue with the other image is that it is just of a crowd and hence can be identified with any concert or festival. By using this photo - it is a clear which audience the ident will be targeting and the genre of music.

My orignal idea for this ident was to have the viynls seperate and for them to spin around in time for the music. However after editing them in photoshop I forgot to crop the size of them after cutting them to a new layer, so that when I opened them up in after effect and attempted to roatate them - the whole frame (which was the size of the after effects composition) ended up rotating. So instead of going back and editing the size of the viynl frames, I decided to multiply the layers so that there were 8 of them and they could all roatate in turn and creating a pattern effect. This I felt actually turned out better than expected and I will go on to use this in my final ident as I think it works very well.

You can see here that I have changed the way of using the coloured shapes, instead of having the flash up on screen very quickly, I am slowing increading the opacity and also changing their position with the music. I think that this gives the video more diversity and makes the whole piece more interesting.

The use of the speakers was one of my early ideas - I somehow wanted to integrate the dance music icon without overly complicating the indents. I had the idea of increasing and decreasing the size of the speakers to the beat of the music - to give the impression of blaring music, however after attempting this several times and realising that the beat of the music was actually more complicated that originally anticipalted - that this technique would be alot harder than I thought. However I still wanted to keep this element in my indents and title sequence as I feel that it works very well, I just need to pay extra attention.

The ending to this tester ident does'nt really work very well in my opinion - I had used the typeface that I orignally wanted to use - BASW 02 - becuase of its distorted nature - however in the title I feel that it just looks scappy and that this typeface should only be use for a 1 or 2 word title - not a whole line.

No comments:

Post a Comment