Friday 3 February 2012

Ident 2


Ident 2 from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

I think that this is my favourite out of my idents. For starters there is less going on in the whole composition. The names of the festivals are shown on screen for longer which gives the whole ident less rushed pace. I have only use two of the shaped photos in this ident and I think that it has made a huge amount of difference.

I also like this video because I have managed to integrate the speakers successfully without them being too much of distraction, as well as using the blue glowing rings on each of the speakers. I had the idea of wanting the names of the festivals to appear out of each of the speakers every time they appear to burst with sound however when I tested this in after effect the white of the speakers and the white of the text just merged into one and I didn't want to change colour of the type because I like the simplicity and contrast of the black / white image and the bright white of the text.

I have also used a different part of the song for this ident (the only one that I have done it with). I wanted to make a change for one of the idents but I was worried that there wouldn't be a right section of 10 seconds that would fit, and even if I did find the right 10 seconds, that it would be hard to start the ident in a more upbeat part of the song. However, all these worries didn't need to be as I do feel that this part of the song works very well with the ident.

The ending has been greatly improved by just changing the typeface to BEBAS NEUE - it is clearer, more readable but still can be connected to electro music - this is also helped by the bright / bold colour of the blue gradient behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment