Friday 3 February 2012

Ident Tester 2


New Ident with type from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

This was the ident where I was exploring how to integrate larger flashing shapes into the video. When I first started making this video - it turned out that the first 6 seconds were made up of the flashing large triangles which I had to change as they took up too much time for the ident and didn't show the audience what the video was about - especially as the last 2 seconds should be left for the theme title.

I have kept the way that the triangles break apart to reveal the image below as I think this is good.

Also here I tried to flash in the background image which I really don't think worked. Too much flashing - I think in an ident there needs to be at leaste one consistent part otherwise the whole piece just becomes too over crowded, too much going on and looks a bit unplanned.

Once again the video is very short but I have managed to use the new flashing triangles although however  when looking back at the clip I noticed that one of the triangle layers was in the wrong order so when the different sizes flash in tern it jumps backward and forward - this is something I need to correct for future.

I need to add text to the ident as as the moment you cant tell which festivals are being talked about it just looks like a general festival themed video.

No comments:

Post a Comment