Friday 3 February 2012

Ident Tester - Moving colour format


Ident tester from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

This ident was another angle I was trying to bring to the video - using different types of moving images however after I rendered it and compared it to the other videos I think that using triangles and circles looks much much better. Although at the beginning the movement of the shapes does look good together I still feel the other shapes are stronger - also I feel that the horizontal and vertical moving rectangles take up too much space in the frame and hence the whole composition becomes too cluttered.

Early on in the project I thought about using the Logos instead of the names of the festival as I thought that people would then be able to easily remember and connect with the festival name, making them easier to remember. I did remove the white area from around the logo and place them on in Illustrator as I thought it would make them look smarter, however because the background image is black and grey - some of the logos you couldn't actually see. Even though they look better with the white area around the logos - I think that the blocks of white break the composition too much and make it less professional.

The ending of the ident is starting to improve and look better although I still feel that the typeface in the blue box needs to go as well as the text needs to be bigger because at the moment I feel that the focus is being taken ways by the rotating E4 logo. I think that the blue works very blue - electro blue!



No comments:

Post a Comment