Monday 6 February 2012

In progress title sequence

First 14 seconds


Part 1 - intro to main video from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

The motion graphics in this video only last 14 seconds even though the clip says it lasts 1 min. Here I was just looking at how to begin the whole title sequence and I felt that the changing colours of the sunset was a good place to start. Even though the blue of the last sunset image is not as dark as the night sky as a festival would be but I think that the transitions between colours are successful at representing the change from afternoon sun to the night at a festival.
I wanted to open the sequence with a line - something to sum up what a festival is about and why people go there. Personally I go there for the experience of the festival, to be with friends and have a good time. When choosing a festival I would look at the location, the price of the ticket and the line up, but primarily I would find out who else would want to go to that festival because there is no point going to a good festival with a bad group of people or people who don't share the same music interests as you as it will be a waste of money.

First 28 seconds

\
Final Video in Progress from emily fairbank on Vimeo.

For the second part of the video (after the sunset intro) I think that the pink haze over the image of the decks works very well and also bring in a new contrast to white of the text. It also makes this video stand slightly apart from the rest of the idents. The pink also has a slight gradient on it - giving the video more depth.

I have used the centrally aligned y-axis revealing method for half of the festival titles - I think that is is a very strong part of the video. I have divided the top 10 festival names into two - 4 of the titles that are just mentioned in the first half of the video are from the UK, Hove is the only non UK based festival. I thought that is would be better as the rest of the festivals are more popular and I felt were more important to mention - hence would need to share more information about. Unfortunately there was not enough time in the 60 second clip to show all the information about all the festivals and it would also make the title sequence fairly dull.

I am happy with the way I have brought the best bits from the idents into the main video and made sure that the whole composition is not overly complicated like some of the idents were.

There are two main sections to the clip which I think both do and don't work. I think that is was important to divide the more famous festivals from the others however I do feel that the second part of the title sequence does look like it belongs to a differnt clip altogether.

I have divided the 5 main festival names into sections and colour coded them - I think that this gives the video more structure and order.
Creamfields - pink
Glade - green
Hideout - Blue
Exit - Yellow
Tomorrowland - Orange

Overall I am happy with the way that the title sequence has turned out. I do feel that the second half could have done with more effects and maybe used more pictures - I also think that I should have included images of the main headline acts at each of the festiavls - something that would stand out in the video however I was worried that this would over complicate it like some of the idents were.

No comments:

Post a Comment