Thursday 17 May 2012

Initital Mascara Packaging Designs

Using the first choice of colour swatch I designed some simple pieces of mascara packaging. I felt that the blue / black / white colour scheme would work well.
I had a bit of trouble with the layout and how to incorporate the body shop logo, the Beau line logo on the packaging without over complicating the design.


Open publication - Free publishing - More graphic design


These were the 3 designs out of the many that I felt were more successful, and I asked around my peers and they also picked out these. 

I was playing around with basic designs, shapes and illustrations and see what I could use on the labels as a form of logo and I felt that 3 abstract arrangements of square outlines worked best. 
I think this is the more successful of the 3 labels, however there is something that isn't right about the position of the 'Beau' logo however when I tried to move it more into the centre of the design it just became too cluttered

Feedback on this design was that it looked too like the 'Mac' packaging. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I would rather that the new line of make up keeps it own idendity as well as retaining some of the body shop, rather than reflecting other hight end leading brands. 

This labels was slightly different from the other two designs but I do like the layout of the text more. Even though I do like the combination of the different tones of blue I think the label now has too much colour and distracts the eye away from the text on the packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment