Tuesday 12 July 2011

COMMUNICATION IS A VIRUS - DRINK COASTERS

For this I want to have a series of beer mats - 4 in total because of the rotating weeks. I do the same as I have for the other promotional products and have a colour per week.
On these mats I want theme to have a series of messages; humorous, factual/figures, and motivational messages
sayings like - YOU BOOZE, YOU LOSE
                      PINT OR %
The aim of these is to prevent the students from drinking, or drinking too much and not being able to work the next day or at least for them to be as a constant reminder.
I am going to make the coasters circular and 8cm in diameter as I have found that the average size of the bottom of a glass is under 7cm.

The one problem I have come up with is I don't think bars and pubs would be too happy if during exam periods they had to put out these coasters encouraging students to stay out of the pub and away from alcohol - it would be bad for their business!










Experimenting with how the coaster would look if i used the pink centre with the blue outline. I felt that this was too bright and distracted from the message. Also it looks as though it is targeting female students. 
So instead I am using both the white and the back background with alternating colours of the logo. 4 different designs per week. 







No comments:

Post a Comment