Tuesday 12 July 2011

COMMUNICATION IS A VIRUS - poster designs


This poster is going to promote the day and inform the students about how it is designed to help them pin-point a date and a time to make them work. The date is the first of April because it is the end of easter holiday and start of the summer term - the most important term where you cant afford to go out and miss lectures/exams. 


Seeing what the poster would look like if I used the same typeface as the Logo - the TALL DARK HANDSOM typeface - it really didn't work. I wanted to have the date stand out because if student generally see something specific like a date advertised on a poster for a night out - they will look closer. 




I accidentally changed the logo to just a pink outline - I did like this and started using it for a while but then  looking from a distance it is quite difficult to tell what the figure is and looks a bit complicated





These are the 4 final posters - have made 4 copies in 4 different bright colours, one for each week of the month - these will rotate throughout the few months of the exam period. 


To make the posters etc stand out I wanted to know what they would look like on a different stock and I think they are a stronger piece of work and make the whole poster more interesting. When it comes to printing out I will see what it looks like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment