Tuesday 5 July 2011

Design is about doing - experiments with colour

Having experimented with the different typefaces and the different quotes - I am now moving on to experiment which which colours will best portray optimism and pessimism and which work together and maybe working with different shapes

When looking for visual stimulus one of the main theme is faces - so maybe placing the quotes in colour circles/shapes could is an idea.


Before I went looking for colours which represent optimism and pessimism I though about which colours for me best represent and I came up with YELLOW for optimism because it is bright/light and associated with the sun/sunrise. Then I chose blue because of it being both a calm but yet depressing colour (rain is blue in cartoons). I then found this image which showed that the colours I chose worked


These are the colours/tones which I have taken from the image above and will be my starting point. 

I have done some other experiments with colour but I don't think they work as well





No comments:

Post a Comment