Monday 4 July 2011

Design is about Doing - Optimistic Typefaces Analysis


  • Arial Rounded - this to me looks like a typeface which I would associate with children e.g optimistic and innocent to clouded judgement
  • Benny Blanco - I like this typeface as it is light, outlined and has uneven outlines giving a positive but unpredictable feel
  • Century Gothic - although I said that I associated minimal typefaces with pessimism this one seems well balance and clean/clear - more positive
  • Desdemona - this is similar to what I said about Benny Blanco - the outline give a bright/light feel to it despite it being an uppercase typeface
  • Giddyup Std - this one goes with the name of it, and it is light, playful and quite girlie (child) with its swirls and stars



  • Marker Felt - this seems to be quite like a teachers/school-like typeface which I associate with being pushed by constructive criticism/being positive and encouragement 
  • Popular STD - this is just bold but simple and stands out e.g. positive
  • Rosewood STD - the decoration and different shading makes it an interesting and inspiring typeface
  • Tall dark handsome & Tall - I like both these typefaces because they are tall, but condensed in a way that it give the impression of growth, heigh and reaching for something higher = positive thinking
  • Ultra Condensed - interesting, simple, slightly bold but inspiring
  • Zapfino - free, loose, swirly and elegant

No comments:

Post a Comment