Monday 4 July 2011

Design is about Doing - looking at type faces

I have gone through and analysed every typeface in my font book, which also includes some that I have downloaded from websites such as 'urban fonts' and 'da font'.
I have categorised them into categories but focusing on what I feel represents each of the opposites.

FACTORS I HAVE CONSIDERED

  • upper/lower case
  • size - big = optimism and small = pessimism
  • height - for me a taller looking typeface looks more positive than a squashed/shorter typeface
  • condensed/spaced out - condensed type which is squashed close together almost looks uncomfortable and therefore more pessimistic
  • serif/sans-serif
  • bold/normal
  • simple/busy
  • minimal - for me I have chosen these typefaces as pessimistic
  • does it portray human emotion

No comments:

Post a Comment