Wednesday 6 July 2011

Design is about doing - Pessimism posters

I am going to work around and develop from the 'optimism' poster which I liked


Having used the light yellow colour to represent the opposite and the 'TALL DARK HANDSOME' typeface to represent the 'heigh highest' of optimism I am going to try and find something which is similar but opposite to this. If it doesn't work I will have to try a new direction 




Experimenting with different shades of grey and tones of blue. 
I feel the LIGHTER shade of grey words best - the middle ad last image. I think the light blue works but I am worried that its brightness will start representing something its not, so maybe it would be better if I used a duller/deeper shade of blue
The typefaces I have chosen are not as strong as I wanted them to be - if anything I would chose COURIR (far right) but I am going to have a look on urbanfonts.com to see if there is anything more appropriate. 


Experimenting with different blues. 
1st - too bright
2nd - too purple
3nd - not right
4th - better colour

I like the new typeface I found 'ANDOVER' - it is tall so good for a heading but uses the lower case. Although it is quite curvy it is quite minimalistic. 








No comments:

Post a Comment