Monday 4 July 2011

Design is About Doing - Idea generation

I am Following on from the OPTIMISM VS PESIMISM idea
It is a typography based brief with a focus on the opposites which I have chosen so no image involed (which I originally got sidetracked into researching)

IDEA
I am going to look at different typefaces which represent the two opposites
Developing this idea - I then want to look at how they represent optimism and peseimism and what would happen if you used an optimistic tyeface for a pesimistic sentance and vica versa and expereiement with this
I want to find a series of different typefaces rather than just concentrating one a pair and then contrast them all together.
I also need to find a few sentances to do with both optimism and pessimism to use


Optimistic typeface - I would this to be bold, curved, decorative, curved, exiting and inspiring and could be quite scribbled/handwritten as though someone is wrighting something down in their exitement

Pessimistic - I imagine this to be thin, straight edges, simple, pointed and quite elegant in a way

No comments:

Post a Comment