Tuesday 8 November 2011

GOOD IS // User Guide Planning

I want this to be a clear explanation about the product and how to use it. I want to focus more on the design and the appearance of the user guide rather than the content of it. I want it to be different from manuals out there as from expereince, not many people actually bother to read an manual unless they are completely stuck and need to find out how to work a certain part of the product.
I would like the person who would purchase this product to be intrigued and more drawn to reading about the product rather than just chucking it

Looking at other ways I can explore design for print in relation to my good, I want to include an instruction manual inside the packaging. 
For this I need to look at;
  • the visual appearance of the manual
  • text / image / both?
  • number of stages to include
  • Format - size and shape
  • Stock
  • Finishes / considerations - are these really used?
  • Tone of voice
  • symbols
Some examples of instruction manuals I can research
  • mobile phones
  • game boys
  • board games 
  • ipods
  • lap tops
  • technology accessories - wireless earpiece / headset etc
  • online game instructions
  • camera
  • directions

No comments:

Post a Comment