Wednesday 16 November 2011

GOOD IS // Design of the User Guide

First thing I needed to design was the icons that are used for the device so that it would make the user guide easier to understand and more credible. 





I had already planned what I was going to include in the booklet - its just a matter of design.
I have chosen a simple design for each of the double page spread and going to keep the text, logo and brand name in black in because I want to see what the user guide would look like printed on a coloured stock - and from the previous stock experiments, black in came out the best rather than colour.


Layout - simple and clear - the title page is going to be on the left and the information on the right - all centre aligned and easily visible. The title of the page is going to be much larger font and I am using HELVETICA BOLD OBLIQUE which I have used in some parts of other designs - it is a clear sans-serif typeface and very legible (more inviting for the customer to read). 




Experimenting with different type faces. 









The A3 layout of all the pages

Front

Back

I am going to have the brand name slogan on the back of the user guide. 

Looking at UV spot varnish - this is just black in printed on black stock but it does give the appearance of a UV spot varnish and I think looks quite good as a piece of design but I think I need to make the colour stand out more from the stock. 

This is the design of the front of the User Guide. 





No comments:

Post a Comment