Monday 7 November 2011

GOOD IS // Logo & Brand Colour

I started with black and white, and for my previous logo I used black, bright pink and the stock colour - however in the feedback it was written that by using pink it could be interpreted as a more feminine product so I am working towards a more balanced colour scheme for male / female.

In my plans originally I proposed to use black, silver and white for the product - however in the tutorial someone pointed out that these are the original colours for the ipod. I chose them because most of the technology these days is based around these colours. However because my GOOD was derived from Ipods - I feel I should make a conscious effort to move away from this colour scheme, have something more bright and inviting...

I have been using KULER - an adobe website that helps with colour schemes...

Here are some colour schemes below that I have tried to use for the logo / brand colours. 










Using bright colours with slightly muted colours - this tone of violet is RGB and will not be able to print the exact colour. 




There pallets below are also too bright for CMYK print, however I am going to place them in illustrator and find the nearest colours to them and just use the colours shown as a basis for experimenting. 


Although these colours would not be available in print - I like the way that they stand out and remind me of the lights in a night club





Looking at different shades of blue in re-working the logo





No comments:

Post a Comment