Monday 14 November 2011

GOOD IS // Packaging Prototypes

After selecting a range of nets I have put the packaging together and see which one I feel will fit with my work best.
I have just tested them out with normal thin paper from my printer (80 gsm) which ins't very sturdy but will give me an idea of the shape that the net will come out and if I like it.


This one isn't very exiting - a good base but not very eye catching. 

This is the net that I was most interested in before - although I feel that it has come out well, I am looking for a packaging that is more rectangular and similar to other phone / ipod / MP3 player packaging. 





This was the packaging that I felt would encourage people to have a look at the product simply because of the strange format it takes. But when putting the net together I feel that it looks more like a pencil case rather than packaging for an MP3 player. 



This was the box that I liked the overall shape of but I am still concerned that the separate base form lid doesn't look very professional and expensive. 


When I put this together I found that the slide on dover didn't fit the base. As well as this I want a lid that opens and is attached. 

I feel that the overall format of this net is quite successful and I like the idea of being able to see the product in the packaging. But like the other net above, I want the packaging to be more rectangular. 





This is the net that I have chosen to design for, it covers all the areas that I want for the packaging; the lid is attached, it is rectangular and looks like an MP3 player would be brought in it. It also gives a good  / large area to design and manipulate because of that shape of the packaging. 



No comments:

Post a Comment