Monday 7 November 2011

GOOD IS // Logo Colour Schemes

Some of these colours were used from the swatches that I chose online. On this page I am just looking at the basic colour in reference to a white logo and not complicating it too much. Of this selection I think that the pink is best. I have to be careful about using pink because of using it in my last logo and people commenting that it made the brand look more directed towards women. 

I like the top and the bottom colours, the blue although I feel maybe too dark and not work with the rest of the brand, especially if I want to use black. 
Here I can start to see that the blue works for the logo - the brighter the better because it stands out and also creates a bigger contrast between the white of the text. 

Looking at making the text a different colour. I think that here I can see the logo looking like it is branding something to do with skiing, snow, ice because of the contrasts of light and bright blue. 


Think that the last logo works the best, This would also look quite nice as a logo if the stock was thick and green then the logo was foil stamped and embossed. 



Going back to black, I think that the logos do actually look better with a back background. The middle logo looks the best in my opinion. This is one that I want to take forward. 

Although I think that the pink looks the best, and also the mint green, there is something that I don't feel is right about them. 


Integrating two colours into the type of the logo here really didn't work for me. It made it to complicated and just didn't look very professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment