Sunday 6 November 2011

GOOD IS // Logo Development

I have changed the name from FLUX DELUX to AIR BEATZ. I didn't feel that the name of the brand said much about the GOOD and also didn't fit very well with the product so I have had a look at changing the typeface, format and colour of the logo.


All these logos look quite minimalist. I wanted to use a rounded typeface, this is something I have found by looking at current music labels and logos - the majority of them are rounded e.g. Radio 1. This typeface has a light weight but I don't represents the brand very well. Never the less I just was also looking a the different shapes I could use for the logo. 


This typeface is much better and bolder. Although it isn't rounded, I think that the extra weight in the characters makes a large difference. The best from this selection it the top left or the top 3rd one along. I don't think the outline of the text works very well. 

This typeface is much better than the other two before - although it is more complicated in terms of its design, it does look like it represents a brand to do with music. I am also looking at the different orientation of the type and found that by having the 'AIR' vertically aligned looks much better. 

Looking at the selected logo in different shapes. 


I have chosen the circular logo as many of the logos I have looked at use a circle, also it is keeping to the shape of the image from my last logo and means that I may be able to try and integrate that image again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment