Thursday 10 November 2011

GOOD IS // WORKSHEETS


Looking at different layouts and designs for the instruction manual. I wanted to make it a square format so that it would fit in with the layout of the box, however after working through a few designs and remembering the talk at Duffield printers, it is more economical to design something for print that fits with the standard paper size, otherwise you are wasting money and materials. So I have chosen to make  a booklet using an A3 sheet folded into 8 pages. 

Re-working the logo and looking for an image / icon that I can use - researching current radio station logo and record label logos. 

Working out the format and shape of the coupon. I wanted it to be designed similar to the Topshop and HMV vouchers but then I also thought that if i wanted people to notice and pick up the voucher and purchase it, it needs to stand out and in order for it do do this it has to be a different shape. However in the end I chose to use the standard credit card size so that it would easily fit into a wallet. 

Working out what to put into the instruction manual and how to set it out. 

Making my project water-tight - the story behind my design and how it will make my design successful and credible. 



Design for the coupon - looking at current gift vouchers and what are the essential pieces of information / details that I need to include on the back. Also thinking of innovative ways to package the gift voucher. 

Experimenting with ways to design the front of the voucher with out it being too complicated and full of colour. Many of the other vouchers are simple but stand out. Some (like TOPSHOP) simply have a coloured card and the brand name on the front. 

Designing the front of the user guide. 





Re-working packaging desgns and what to put on the sides.


Desiging the front and back of the packaging. I need to put relevant information and something about the product on the back to make it more credible. 


Original idea of packaging - have indented shapes in the box for the instruction manual and the product. 

Looking at some ideas for the design of the promotional poster. 



No comments:

Post a Comment