Wednesday 9 November 2011

GOOD IS // Logo Rework

From the progress crit this morning, a few points were picked up about the new developments to the logo. Firstly that it is an improvement on the last logo. However a few points that I should look at and make alterations to was;

  • the BEATZ could be miss read as 'bratz' because of the R from 'air' above...
  • think about having the 'air' on the side again
  • change the Z to a S
  • at the moment it doesn't relate to 'music' - that it looks like a logo of a disposable product such as a deodorant can or energy drink - need to make it more connected to music
  • Simplify it a bit more - too much detail
  • One person said they preferred the PINK from a previous edit of the logo
From this I have researched more into the logo's of radio's and music logos and see how they have represented music. I have made a note of some of the icons / typeface shape that they can be identified with. In general the typeface is rounded or compressed - something similar to the typeface (BEYOND or COALITION) that I am using at the moment. 

The Logos below are the main stages of devleopment / changes that they have gone through





This is the pink logo that two people who assessed my work chose - I still think that it doesn't attract the right audience, although the logo itself does look better. 


The neon effect looks good but it was said that the logo looks like it was for an throw away product e.g. spray deodorant. 

This is my best of the logo - but I still need to use colour in the logo. 

Using the old logo with the new image. It doesn't really work but I was intrigued to see what it looked like. Here I have also gone back to the old type layout of having the AIR vertically aligned against the 'beats.' I do feel that changing the Z to an S has made a huge amount of difference. I felt that also by using slang language it could make the brand look quite cheep. 


Using inspiration from some of the research I did about the logos - I think that using this image with the logo could work - as it is clearly and easily recognisable in the music industry. 

Bringing all the elements together - the logo is starting to look much better however I am still concerned by a comment made at the first crit about the typeface being too complicated, and now by adding the image it is looking yet more complicated and it needs to be changed. 



Using the neon effect from the last logo - it doesn't work as well for this new logo. 


I feel that it is starting to come together here by placing it in a rectangle shape - something to keep the whole logo together and outlined. 



NEW IDEAS



Here I am trying to move completely away from the complicated typeface. I have scanned down every typeface in 'FONT BOOK' and see which typeface jumps out at me at being suitable then placing them with the new pink image. I am still listening to the comment made about using the pink logo - so I am keeping the image pink. 






I like the second to bottom logo - the lower case and using the image in the middle of the type - I think this works however I still think that I can do better. 


Using the Italic version of the the type face works quite well. 


Using helvetica - someone mentioned that I could place an emphasis on 'beats' and could do this by using a heavier typeface. This was a very good comment as I think the logo is starting to come together alot more now. 

It was only when I highlighted the word 'air' that I found I could separate the two word very successful and add something more to the logo if I placed the 'air' in a black bock. I think that it works very well and adds a new level and contrast between the pink image and the type. Here you can see I have changed the image - it is now relfected and placed the opposite side of the type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment