Monday 14 November 2011

GOOD IS // Stock and Colour Testing

Looking at different stocks and texture which I can print on. I have tested out printing colour on some of these stocks - in some cases the colour comes out better than others.

I have also experimented with foil stamping. I think that it has come out really well. I used silver but in the images it has come out slightly bronze. It gives much more appealing appearance to the print and looks much smarter. This is something that I want to use for one of my nets.

Some of the nets I want to print on pure white heavy stock (card - 200 gsm) so that I can get the purest quality of colour.

I think that the dark and the light grey work the best out of all the coloured stocks. The foil stamp (right) has come out really well on the black and fits with my colour scheme.


Some of the colours of ink don't show up very well on the maroon colour stock. 


This is what I want to use for the cover for my User Guide. It looks smart and completely different form every user guide that I have found. 

Below is an A6 booklet that I have found. The cover stock is much heavier than the content of the booklet. It is printed separately as one and the colour different gives a nice effect to the booklet. This is something that I am going to look into but still work with my colour scheme. 






No comments:

Post a Comment