Monday 14 November 2011

GOOD IS // PACKAGING DESIGNS

I want to keep the basic colour scheme of blue, black and white - but explore some tints and gradients and see If I can add a different appearance to the brand. 

Designing a basic bar code to go on the back


I feel that the turquoise (top right gradient) works best and also is more in keeping my colour scheme. 



The information to go on the back. I have also included icons of computer software to make the packaging more plausible. 

STOCK
I am going to test out the 3 colours of my colours scheme (white black and blue) and see how the designs come out on the different coloured stock. 



I think that the white logo looks very smart and crisp on the blue gradient background. I have also changed the 'air' in the text to be a compound mask so you can see the gradient through it. 


What I plan to have on the inside of the packaging. 

I like the combination of the gradient contrasted with the black. This would have to be printed on a white stock because the gradient blue will not show up on the black. 



Looking at different typefaces for the back of the packaging. I originally liked Courier  but when placed on the packaging it didn't look very professional.







Keeping the design simplistic. Although it looks good - the packaging definitely needs colour so that it could stand out if it was being placed in a shop. 

LOGO UPDATE
Taking the new style of logo and adding a circular line or 2 around it I think works quite well. Also placing the product name AIR GIDGE under the brand name works well. This is what is going to be on the lid of all the packaging.



I think that this logo works very well both in the appearance itself and also with the shape of the packaging. 

DESIGN FOR THE BACK OF PACKAGING
This is going to have some information about the product; explaining a bit about the Air Gidge 1.0 and how it is better than the other MP3 players in store. 





The 1st version of the back of the packaging?


I think that the black works best, and when asking feedback form my peers they agreed. 



Using blue sides and a gradient instead of the plain black cover works quite well although I think from afar the gradient looks quite brown and hence not very in-keeping with the rest of the brand colour scheme. 



Updated Version of the Information on the back;





No comments:

Post a Comment