Monday 14 November 2011

GOOD IS // User Guide Planning

Mock ups, layout, size and information planning for the user guide.

I am going to use an A3 format and divide it into 8 sections - more ecnomoical.
It is going to be double sided and printed on a uncoated stock. User guides are normally printed on thin stock, while some guides are simple black and white to keep the costs down - I have found that some are more elaborately designed and more image based.
My guide is going to be a bit of both - the majority will be text but using a few icons for buttons etc.









A6 size folded up - designed on an A3 sheet. 








On the back of the book I want to have either a sentence about the brand or the logo - something to complete the design. 



Plan of how the A3 sheet will look when folded out - template I can use for designing. 



My idea is that the User Guide will be the right size for it to be placed in the box. This can also depend on the stock as these examples are made from poor quality stock so more flexible / expandable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment