Friday 18 November 2011

GOOD IS // Poster Design & Rework

Something that was picked up in the final crit was that my posters didn't look as one and part of the same brand as the packaging. I have also used an image of a pair of wireless headphones on the posters because someone is more drawn to look at a promotional poster if there is an image of the product on it. 



I wanted to include an image / icon that would make another link to the fact that this is promoting a music product that is exiting and will improve your musical experience. 


I found that this typeface looked very good for the name of the product - although the issue with this is it doesn't fit with the rest of the brand at all and look like something completely different. I need people to make an immediate link to these poster and the packaging and the rest of the brand. 


This was one of my better designs for the poster but once again the pink takes away the identity of the brand as I haven't been using that.




These were the first versions of the Poster That I have designed. I wanted to use the same gradient for a couple of the posters that I used in the packaging - this way people could make the link. It also has the same logo that is on the front of the packaging.



The background of this doesn't work - here I was just looking at using different background textures and give the feel of different stocks but it isn't bright enough and doesn't fit with the rest of the brand. 



Experiments with simple blue backgrounds - I don't think they work as well as the gradient. 


This was a very different layout and design from the boxed but I think that it looks inters testing and the contrasts of colour will catch people attention. 




I think that the complete black poster looks too much like a music even promotional poster. 


RE-WORK
I have changed these poster and included the logo that I have used on the packaging and changed the type face of the webiste to see if it works and makes the posters connect more with the rest of my designs. I think that it works much better - I have still kept that different typeface the same as the previous poster and I am going to see if this works for a few other designs. 



Although I like the brightness of the blue background - I think the poster looks too basic and wont catch peoples attention if they are just walking by it in a street or bus stop. 



Making the logo larger and on an angle - then re arranging the type so that it is on the right side - doesn't really work as a poster. Looks like any normal advert. 


Changing the icon to blue rather than pink so to keep it more within the brand colour scheme. 


Re-arranging and adding new icons - not a very successful attempt at re-designing. 



3 FINAL POSTERS


Going back to the gradient - it makes the poster much smarter and much more interesting to look at. This is definitely something I want to use. 
I have placed the website link outside the rest of the poster which works much better - keeps the different parts of information separate also works with in the hierarchy of information - I have placed the important information about the product in the centre of the poster. 


I have taken the background colour out and just changed the text about the product to blue - a good contrast and balance of colour throughout the poster. 


A slightly different version of the first poster but just in reverse and here I have placed the text in a black box to try and make it stand out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment